It’s time to love where you work, love what you do and make an impact! ICF Next is seeking experienced UX architects to help lead user interface design, usability testing, and prototyping for various client web application and websites. You will work with clients and team members to discover and understand business requirements; design and carry out user research activities and engage end users in the design process; ensure a focus on content as a key part of the overall user experience; and develop wireframes, process flows, and other information architecture documents to communicate site structures to business and development teams.
We’re changemakers, we love finding new ways to solve problems and are committed to being that positive change in the world. Free shuttle access from the metro, onsite happy hours and constant learning opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF Next. Find out what we’re up to at icfnext.com!
This position is based in our clients office in Pittsburgh, PA. We're open to considering candidates who are also in the Washington, DC area, who are willing to travel often.
Apply here if interested! https://www.icf.com/careers/jobs/R1902867
What you will be doing:
- Lead and collaborate with team and stakeholders to understand user experience goals and gaps
- Identify target audiences; create personas
- Conduct heuristic reviews and competitive analyses
- Develop usability test plans and conduct user research activities
- Design website/application structures and user interfaces
- Build sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and other blueprints that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization
- Conduct content audits, develop content maps
- Participate in collaborative user-centered design initiatives across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in information architecture, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or related field
- 6+ years experience applying user-centered design concepts in web and software development, social media, or similar digital environment
- Experience working in government, healthcare, and/or energy sectors is desired.
- Experience conducting usability research, such as user interviews or cardsorts
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Axure
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Team player with positive energy for collaborating, balancing multiple tasks, and learning on the job.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills and professionalism
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.